June 11, 2012

Batik Statement III


"I'am wearing Parang Pattern inspired of Batik Fractal collections. I love all batik patterns in this photo because they're colorful, diverse, look very modern, but of course the root is Indonesia tradition."
Batik Statement by Nancy Margried from Bandung-based design atelier Batik Fractal.
Inspiring Batiks and an inspiring story behind it, so make sure to watch this video below! Great to receive this picture and learn more about this new and upcoming design atelier from Indonesia. In September 2009 I already posted a short video about them on my blog, see blogpost 'Workshop frisika fractal batik'.
They give Batik a new and improved future. Lovely designs made with modern and tradition techniques based on historical Batik patterns. Great, keep up the good work Batik Fractal!



Got inspired? Get your Batik on! Make a picture of yourself wearing your favorite Batik and send it to me by email or post it on my Facebook wall. For inspiration see the previous "Batik Statements" or check out photos from fashion-bloggers and in fashion-magazines (tip: sunny, nice locations, lots of colours and good memories).
If you're not sure if your favorite patterned fabric is a Batik, don't hesitate to share. Maybe it's printed, or with the same technique as Batik, just tell me why you like this pattern and add a detail picture so I can find out what kind of fabric it is! Looking forward to your Batik fashion statements!

No comments: